To all Cantoni Trade customers
Cantoni is taking every step necessary to ensure the health and wellbeing of not only our staff, but of our dedicated customers as well. The company has implemented many additional workplace controls which are listed below.The current situation is unprecedented, and we are monitoring events continuously. We will keep you all updated on this page.
WHAT IS COVID-19 Transmission of coronavirus in general occurs much more commonly through respiratory droplets than through fomites. The coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. The virus is most contagious when people are most symptomatic (i.e., experiencing fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath). Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms; there have been reports of this type of asymptomatic transmission with this new coronavirus, but this is also not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. There are resources and information on COVID-19 listed at the end of this document for your information. Guidelines to be followed for every Cantoni location to ensure all areas are cleaned, disinfected and sanitized. • Our staff is advised to be consistent and repetitive with hand washing with hot water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is an alternative when hand washing is not available.
• Employees have been told to avoid physical contact with others, including handshakes. The recommended radius of space between others is six feet.
• We have reiterated the importance of practicing Respiratory Etiquette, advising staff to cough into a tissue then dispose of immediately or coughing into their elbow.
• We have asked our staff to avoid those at risk (shows signs, elderly, compromised immune systems.We have asked our staff to avoid touching their face.
• Our staff will wear gloves when appropriate and wash and sanitize their hands after the removal of gloves.
• We will be cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly, especially areas that are touched often (door handles, light switches, keyboards, phones, etc.) with surface safe cleaner/disinfectants.
• Our staff will not share or use others equipment and tools (phones, keyboards, calculators, writing tools, etc.), and if using shared equipment, our staff will clean often and wash their hands often.
• We have advised our staff to avoid travel including international travel.We have advised our staff to stay home if they are sick.
GENERAL OFFICE/ADMIN FACILITIES FOR ALL OUR LOCATIONS In addition to the above, we want to emphasize the consistent cleaning and sanitizing of our work area, shared equipment and commonly touched areas like doorknobs, handles, etc. Our cleaning staff have been advised on accelerated practices for general cleaning and disinfection.
• Gloves are to be worn for all of our staff that are in contact with trash receptacles. Gloves are changed often, and hands are washed/disinfected after glove removal and disposal.
• We are paying additional attention to commonly touched items, restrooms, breakrooms and common areas. Each area will be cleaned and disinfected at least three times throughout the day including special attention to high risk touch points like handles, faucets, knobs, etc.
• There will be strategic placement of trash receptacles, including by exit doors of restrooms.
• We will be vacuuming and dusting daily.Inventory of product allocated will be utilized appropriately.
• Water fountains and filtered dispensers will be cleaned and disinfected at least 3 times per day.
• There will be accelerated cleaning and disinfections of warehouse tools and equipment.
• We ask that staff exposed to or showing signs of symptoms NOT to report to work. We only ask that staff return to work after being released by a doctor.
• We ask that our staff be mindful of transferring documents, objects, etc.
SHOWROOMS IN ALL LOCATIONS Cantoni is taking a proactive approach on preventing the spread of viruses including the recent COVID-19 virus. We have always prided ourselves on maintaining a healthy clean environment. We are now stepping up our day to day cleaning procedures. In addition to the above-mentioned practices, the Showroom staff have the following guidelines when performing their duties and when interacting with our customers. • Our showroom staff are to wash their hands more often and at least every hour. • Showroom workstations will be cleaned and then disinfected several times throughout the day. This includes telephones, calculators, writing tools, staplers, scissors, letter openers, etc. • All equipment will be cleaned and then wiped down with disinfectant before and after every use. • Any of our staff that has exposure to the virus or contact with others with symptoms are asked to not come into work. • Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at all entrances and in the showroom as supplies are available.
Mattresses / Sleep Studio Our staff will ensure all mattresses are clean and free of dust and will then disinfect with surface safe product. DELIVERY TEAMS / CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNICIANS / WAREHOUSE Delivery Teams and Customer Service Technicians have the following guidelines to help maintain cleanliness when interacting with our customers. This is in addition to our current guidelines for Delivery and Service, as well as the guidelines above. When the Delivery teams and Customer Service Technicians arrive at the delivery location, they are to adhere to the following protocol: • Staff will wear shoe protectors right before entering the location. The staff will remain wearing the shoe protectors until the end of the delivery. • Our staff will apply hand sanitizer to all surfaces of their hands and their wrist area after putting on the shoe protectors. • Sanitary wipes will be used pre and post-delivery on the truck door latch as well as any doorknobs that were touched.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE • All general warehouse employees are instructed to accelerate cleaning and disinfection of warehouse tools and equipment.
• Staff will wear protective items when appropriate including but not limited to assembling or handling of product. Staff will dispose of protective gear properly then clean and sanitize their hands after disposal.
Resources regarding COVID-19 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention World Health Organization